Chevrolet Performance’s 454 HO crate engine is a Big-Block bargain an affordable engine with performance specs that will make you think it’s 1970 all over again, including 438 horsepower and 667 Nm.
=> 438 HP @5300 RPM | 667 Nm
A latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps is the Big-Block engine’s foundation. It features an all-forged rotating assembly for great strength and durability. It also uses a smooth hydraulic roller camshaft for excellent drivability and a broad performance range. Rectangular-port cylinder heads with large, 2.19/1.88-inch valves round out the assembly.
- Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu. in.): 454
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.250 x 4.000
- Block (P/N 19170538): Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 14096983): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 19170198): Forged steel
- Pistons (P/N 10215228): Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 24502611): Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift (in.): .510 intake / .540 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 211° intake / 230° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 12562920): Iron rectangular port; 118-cc chambers
- Valve Size (in.): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 8.75:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 12523976): Stamped steel
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Water Pump (P/N 19168606): Cast-iron, long-style
- Flexplate (P/N 10185034): 14"
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 36° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 5500
- Balanced: External
• Requires addition of carburetor, starter, fuel pump, distributor and ignition system (not included).
• Clutch linkage bosses are now drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance.
• Comes with an externally balanced 14" automatic transmission flexplate; use flywheel P/N 14096987 and 11" clutch assembly for manual transmission applications.
• Not intended for marine applications