The engineers have recreated that classic, raspy rat engine, but with updated components that can help enhance drivability and performance!
=> 480 HP @6000 RPM | 654 Nm
A modern take on the classic L88. The L88 427 was the ultimate expression of Chevy’s production Big-Block power, combining a rigid iron cylinder block with lightweight aluminum cylinder heads and a single, four-barrel carburetor. The engineers have recreated that classic, raspy rat engine, but with updated components that can help enhance drivability and performance!
The engine assembly features our latest-generation block casting with four-bolt main caps, an all-forged rotating assembly for exceptional strength and durability, and a hydraulic roller camshaft instead of the original L88’s flat tappet cam, for greater drivability and a broader performance range. It also features aluminum oval-port cylinder heads with 2.19/1.88-inch valves and a pump-gas-friendly 10.1:1 compression ratio.
- Engine Type: Chevy Big-Block V-8
- Displacement (cu. in.): 427 (7.0L)
- Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.250 x 3.750
- Block (P/N 19170538): Cast-iron with four-bolt main caps
- Crankshaft (P/N 19171620): Forged steel
- Connecting Rods (P/N 19211226): Forged steel
- Pistons (P/N 19171618): Forged aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 12366543): Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft Lift (in.): .527 intake / .544 exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 224° intake / 234° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads (P/N 19211799): Aluminum oval port, 110-cc chambers
- Valve Size (in.): 2.190 intake / 1.880 exhaust
- Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
- Rocker Arms (P/N 19210726): Aluminum roller style
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Distributor (P/N 19212081): HEI type
- Carburetor (P/N 19170093): 770-cfm
- Water Pump (P/N 19168602): Aluminum short-style
- Spark Plugs and Wires: Included
- Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
- Ignition Timing: 36° Total @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Recommended rpm: 6400
- Balanced: Internal
• Due to crate fitment, the carburetor is shipped in a separate box and needs to be installed by an engine installer.
• Requires addition of starter and fuel pump (not included).
• Clutch linkage bosses are drilled and tapped. When using cast-iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance.
• Comes with an internally balanced 14" automatic transmission flexplate.
• Not intended for marine applications.